Since 1977, Women’s Services has worked to help victims of domestic and sexual violence. Women’s Services believes that every individual has value and has the right:
- to be safe in mind and body
- to live out of harm’s way in affordable housing
- to be treated with respect and compassion
Thanks to visionary leadership, allied professionals, community stakeholders, and a committed group of staff and volunteers, Women’s Services has offered hope and encouragement to many. Our years of service to Crawford County and the Meadville area have taught us repeatedly that we are fortunate to be part of such a truly generous and caring community.
As you learn about the impact of violence and homelessness on the individuals and families of Crawford County, it is important to remember:
- Violence doesn’t just affect the person experiencing it; it also affects the entire community.
- The whole community, working together, can eliminate violence.
- By uniting community efforts, Women’s Services provides leadership to overcome violence.
Please explore our website to learn more about the issues confronting our neighbors and friends in Crawford County and to become acquainted with the variety of services Women’s Services can provide to individuals, families, businesses, churches, schools, organizations and the community in general.